Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Laneige's Snow BB Soothing Cushion in #21

Hi ladies! How are ya'll doing?


I got a new review up and I'm sure most of you (if not all of you) have heard of this widely hyped Snow BB Soothing Cushion by Laneige.






Excuse me for the dirty sponge :( I've yet to find a way to thoroughly clean away the stain and it's been driving me crazy. If anyone knows of the best way to deep clean this sponge, please please let me know.


Since my MUFE foundation is running out, I've been wanting to try out a BB cream and after weeks of research, I finally came down to the Missha's M Perfect Cover BB Cream and this. Since both BB creams were highly raved about, I decided to get both of them! Unfortunately, the M Perfect Cover BB Cream has been left untouched ever since I got this.



Just to give you a quick heads up, this is not intended to be a comparison post but I'll be taking advantage of the two BB creams to prove one point or another. 

Though the Missha M Pefect Cover BB Cream has the awesome coverage that I truly adore, I'm definitely not a fan of the thick and heavy formula... especially during this summer weather. Even with just a light layer of the BB cream, it already made my face felt sticky and heavy.
On the other hand, the Snow BB soothing cushion not only offers a great deal of coverage, most importantly, it doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky or heavy at all even after 2 layers of application. It lightly covers up my dark under eye circles (still visible, but more natural) without having to use a concealer prior to the BB cream. That's something right there!  


There are four shades available: 
#13 True Beige, #21 Natural Beige, #23 Sand Beige and #31 Brown Beige 

Isn't that awesome? They finally acknowledge the fact that there are darker skin ladies out in the world and they deserve to enjoy the goodness that comes with the BB Cream, too!
Two thumbs up for you Laneige! :)
 I was so excited to have this extended range of shades for me to choose from. It might not be too beneficial for myself since my skin tone falls between #21 and #23 anyways... but knowing that my decision isn't restricted to just two shades makes me feel...... happy? 


Anyways, the shade I picked up is #21 Natural Beige, which is the lightest shade from the typical range (In this case, it's the 2nd lightest). I struggled a little when choosing between #21 and #23 because technically, my NW25 skin tone matches #23 more. I'm gonna be honest and tell you that there really isn't a convincing reason why I picked up #21 instead of #23. I always go for one shade lighter than my natural skin tone. Since I did not purchase this at a counter, I was afraid and unsure of my decision.


Now that I've tried it, I'm happy to tell you that it matches my skin tone perfectly! So if you're NW25 like me, I suggest you to pick this shade up if you're looking for a shade that will brighten up your skin even more:) (Remember, brighten not whiten!)

The sponge is made of great quality and it's great at picking up the right amount and blending it smoothly. One downside about this sponge is that it gets dirty on the front after few uses. I thought I was careful enough with it to not stain the front part, but obviously... I failed. :(

The compact comes with a plastic lid that flips open from the side to protect and prevent the cushion from drying out and keeping the "coolness" in. Also, It's more hygienic that way, too. 


Oh you're gonna love what I'm going to tell you...:):):):)
this BB soothing cushion comes with a whooping 
SPF50+ PA++!
(lol, like how I enlarged and bolded that?) 


To grab the product, all you have to do is dip your sponge into the cushion with a little bit of pressure, then release. Wa-la! 
Don't be fooled by what you see! You may think it's too little... but just one 'pump' is more than enough to cover half of my face with full coverage!


   The scent is quite strong but it's nothing unpleasant at all! I can't really describe the scent because it's nothing that I've smelled of.
If you like dewy finishes, this just might be the true love of your life:)
If you're more of a matte person, I'd encourage you to brush on a layer of powder to finish it off!

Last but not the least! The awesome staying power!
I applied this BB in the morning before work (at around 10:30am) and it lasted till I get off from work (at 6pm). Though I did noticed my face got a little bit oily, but that's normal because I'm moving around a lot through out the day.


 Though this product definitely falls on the pricey side, but if you think about it... you're actually getting two product because it comes with a refill pact! Isn't that great? But then again, you don't actually know how much 'BB cream' is in the cushion. You'll never know until it runs out... :(


That is all for today's review!
 I hope you enjoyed my loonnggg post
  (and hopefully, not bored out by it) and please excuse my random scattered photos.
I'm not gonna lie,this is the hardest product I've ever reviewed because there's just too much going on at once... I didn't know where to start hahaha:) 

Please feel free to send me comment or question below, I'll reply to you ASAP:)

*UPDATED WITH SELCA*


Left: Bare Face (w/o BB), Right: W/ BB

No filter, No editing, No touch-up, Pure Sunlight!
As you can see, I have some visible blemishes on my chin... dark under eye circles from allergy, and noticeable uneven skin tone on my bare face (left). On the right is the selca taken after I applied my Snow BB Soothing Cushion. My skin is clearly brightened up and my uneven skin tone is now balanced out. Furthermore, the blemishes on my chin is covered up and my dark under eye circle is not as eye-catching anymore ahaha:)

For some reason my camera doesn't pick up the dewy finish:( Sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment