Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Etude House's Lovely Cookie Blusher in #4 Carrot Cheesecake

Hi beautiful ladies!

Today I'll be doing a review on the Etude House's Lovely Cookie Blusher in #4 Carrot Cheesecake. Mmm~ sounds yummy eh? 




This is one of the first few Korean cosmetics I've ever owned back in the days but its now sitting in the corner of my vanity... with a layer of dust on them. 
I was totally hooked by the adorable packaging and I just couldn't get my eyes off them. I mean, just look at the pink ribbon in the front! :)


As much as I want to love this blusher, the result comes with many disappointment:(
Firstly, let's talk about the adorable cotton puff. Typically, most of the make-ups that comes with an accommodated brush, sponge, or puff are not really effective. Of course, ones like the accommodated sponge that comes with the Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion has both amazing quality and exceptionally useful function. Unfortunately, this is not one of them. 
Though the puff works really well at picking up the color, it doesn't do well at transferring the pigment to my face. 


But that's not to blame because the pigmentation itself is extremely sheer and the color isn't visible at all after applying it to my cheek. If anything, I'd label this a highlighter instead of a blusher. 


It took me about five swipes in total to get this much color to show up on my finger... which is not the kind of opaque finish I expected. But as you can see, the shimmers are very visible and that's the reason why I labelled it a highlighter.


It took me more than six swatches of the blush in order to show up more visibly on my camera. In this case, it looks okay pigmented on the back of my hand since my hand is a lot lighter than my face color. But when I apply the same amount of blush to my cheek, the color doesn't show up at all. Instead, the sheen of shimmers shows up very well under the sun.


It did show up a little more visible with my own blush brush but the pigmentation is still as disappointing. Though I'm also aware that this shade might not be a good match for my medium skin tone (NW25), so I assume people with lighter or fairer skin tone might have better luck with this blush.


Overall, this is quite an disappointing product for me as a blush, but if I were to treat this like a highlighter, I'm sure I would like it more:)

That is all I have for you today ladies! Please feel free to comment below and let me know If you had better luck with this product or if you're planning to try it out for yourself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment