Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Skin Food's Black Sugar Scrub Foam

Put your hands up cause Nineteen's back again with a new review! 


I'm sure a lot of you had already heard of the incredible Black Sugar Scrub Foam by Skin Food! It's such a great product that it seems to be on quite a lot of bloggers skincare routine list, am I right? After reading 99.9% of positive reviews on thing product, I immediately went on to eBay and ordered myself one of this goody too! I'm proud to tell you that I did not regret getting this scrub foam right here! 




What I love the most about this scrub is its ability to deep clean my pores and exfoliates my dead skins with impressing results. I used to have very visible red blemishes on my chin because that's most oily part of my face. After using this scrub constantly for few weeks, the blemishes has faded away dramatically. 


Before I go on and rave about this product, I have one complaint on this product. Normally, cleansers and face-wash comes with either a pump, or the flip-lid that allows quick and easy access to the (actual) product, but this scrub foam doesn't.  It drives me nuts every time I unscrew the lid and squeeze out the scrub on my finger, then screw the lid back on carefully while trying to keep the scrub to stay on my finger. Of course, I can always put the lid back on after I finish washing my face... but still. :) 


I feel especially clean whenever I smell the scrub. It has the citrus scent to them... like bathroom cleaners? That sounded bad but I'm serious. Also, the amount of product is no joke (160g)! That's gonna last you for a while... especially you're not suggested to use this on a daily basis. 

The formula is so firm that you don't have to worry about it dripping with your finger facing downwards (only if it isn't wet). Of course, the 'scrub' part is where the magic happens! The black sugar granule not only works to exfoliate the dead skin, but it's also great at reaching in to deep clean your pores. 


As you can see on the picture above, after blending it out in a circular motion, the sugar scrub becomes even more visible (Picture 2). Then as keep scrubbing, you will notice the sugars are slowly dissolving and then turn into foam texture (Picture 3). On the 4th picture, you can see it turns into a light layer of foam with visible dead skins coming off. I feel so much more confident in my skin after splashing my face off with water. 

Just in case if someone ask... this scrub doesn't work too well as a cleanser. As you can see above, even after scrubbing my wrist for few minutes, it doesn't completely get rid of the lipstick and eyeliner. For your information, those lipstick and eyeliner are not waterproof. So please make sure you use a good cleanser to properly remove your make-up first before using this scrub. 

I think that's about it for my review today! Oh, before I go... I have a few important heads-up for you! 
  1. Make sure your face is damped before applying this scrub foam, otherwise it's gonna irritate your skin badly!
  2. This scrub foam is not meant for everyday use! Using it everyday will create a rather reverse (negative) effect for your skin, so watch out! (2-3 times a week is good enough)

That is all I have for you right now. If I think of more... I'll make sure to update you guys alright!
I hope you enjoyed my review and as always, please leave your comments or questions below and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!





No comments:

Post a Comment