Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Missha's M Perfect Cover BB Cream in #23

Oh hayyy lovelies! How are you ladies doing?



Are you ready for a long overdue review?

The reason why I labeled this an overdue review is because... well, we all know the CC Cream craze is taking over the spotlight so who needs to frustrate over the correct shade and the super thick formula? 
 Wait, what about the coverage? 


I have this really awkward love-hate relationship with this BB cream. Well, to be honest... the 'hate' part out beats the 'love' part by a little more.
I'll explain that in just a second:)


Packaging wise, I'm definitely a fan of their squeezable-container attached with a convenient usage pump-application. Compare to the other ones that comes with either jar container (Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream), large and bulky hard container (Skin79 Super Blemish Balm), or the squeeze-out application ones, this BB cream is definitely more travel friendly and convenient to use. 


Here's the negative side to the packaging. After pumping the cream out, there's gonna be leftover that stays on the opening of the pump. You have to make sure you wipe it off with your finger or napkins before putting the cap on otherwise... it's gonna get messy eventually and that's how it's gonna look like (picture above). Also, beware of the cap because it isn't secured and it won't 'click' tide. So think twice before tossing the BB Cream into your make-up pouch... especially with the leftover BB creams!


The shade I chose was #23 Natural Beige. The shade is normally a good match to my NW25 skin but some how... this was slightly darker and it doesn't match my skin tone too well.

I'm absolutely impressed with the awesome full coverage! With just one layer of application, it could pretty much cover up any kind of imperfections without needing a concealer:) I went over few more layers for the eyeliner so that it could better indicate any moles or dark blemishes you'd like to cover. Like shown below, the BB cream doesn't completely cover the darker shade, but it's much less visible now right?  
  


Of course, great benefit comes with great cost. Yes the coverage is certainly mind blowing, but remember, the formula is super thick and creamy which makes it more uncomfortable to wear. Because the consistency is so thick, it definitely takes a little more effort to blend it out on your skin. Also, the stickiness last for quite a while after application. 

How much worse could it get? 
You'll see. 

 I have combination skin so it's very normal for me to get oily on the T-zone area. With my MUFE foundation,  I tend to start getting oily forehead and oily chin after 4 hours of wear. With the Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream, I start seeing shiny forehead in just about an hour plus! No exaggeration intended! It drives me crazy having to blot so frequently through out the day.
So I definitely do not suggest this BB Cream to people who live in hot and humid countries. For the rest of us, let's just say this is not quite the summer-friendly product we want for our face:)

Scent wise... :):):) I don't know if I should say this... but it has this old-person smell that I can't quite explain. I'm sure most of you probably get the idea, right? It's nothing unpleasant at all! I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. 


I think that quote at the end pretty much sums up my review for this product. I know there are plenty of positive reviews out there for this product, but I gotta apologize for not having too many good things to say about this product. 
For some reason, I feel like we've come to a sad ending:(:( ahahaha.
Anyways, please leave any questions or comments below! I'll make sure to reply to you as soon as possible alright! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment